Last July we excavated an ornamental pond 13 metres x 8 metres approx 1 metre deep on our property on the Mornington Peninsula. The pond was dug into clay. Unfortunately heavy rains filled the hole before we could line it. The pond has consistently lost about 30mm of water daily and last summer would have virtually dried up. We have had to regularly top it up from our rain water catchment.
In desperation, we decided to give your product a try. After advice from you as to quantity required, we treated to pond with your polymer product. Within 2 days our pond ceased losing water and has maintained the existing level of water ever since.
The product certainly worked for us.
Thanks for the help and advice.
It's been almost 2 months since I treated our pond with your product. We have had about 6 inches of rain since and the pond looks great. The wetness below the dam is gone and the water level is holding. Bottom line is I am very impressed with your product.
This product is Amazing !! I sprinkled about 1/3 of the pail into the leak area and within 12 hours it had expanded and sucked into the holes through all the gravel ! It is actually down to the smallest trickle now and we just had a huge rainstorm that brought the pond up over a foot. Now if it stays plugged I will have a full pond for the rest of the year. I am so glad I found you.
My husband and I bought our property back in 2008 with the knowledge that only one of the two dams held water. We love living in the bush but as the years rolled by I really missed being able to sit outside and look at the water so I asked my husband to build me a mini lake.
Working on the theory of “happy wife happy life” he got Divalls in to give him a quote on creating my mini lake and in the conversation they ended up discussing our large dam that has never held water. Divalls advised my husband that there was a new product on the market that can plug dams and make them viable again.
Encouraged by this statement I proceeded to do my research and found Polymer Innovations website. The product needs to be applied when the dam is full or at least deeper than where the leak is, so we quickly ordered a 20kg bucket (approx. $400 delivered) online and eagerly awaited its arrival. As we had recently had significant rainfall and the dam was relatively full we methodically applied it to the surface of the dam, marking the water level when we were finished.
Daily my husband would check and remark the water level and because we were still receiving run-off into the dam the water level was increasing to the point that it is now full and ready to overflow.
Whilst I still want my mini lake we now have access to at least another 4megalitres+ of water so a big thank you to Divalls and Polymer Innovations for an inexpensive solution.
I recently purchased a 10kg pail of polymer. Having spoken to your customer service officer about how to apply it to my dam, I am very pleased to give some feedback.
I used about half of the pail in the manner suggested and it appears to have solved the problem of leakage. I had at least 2 small leaks (probably yabbie holes near the surface next to the dam wall) which were causing wet patches behind the dam and the water level would drop fairly quickly. In 1-2 weeks the level would drop 20-30cms usually.
Whilst these were not serious leaks, they were annoying because of the difficulty in mowing behind the dam due to mud. We live in a very high risk fire area and keeping grass short is important in summer, as well as a full dam to the direct north of our property itself has a protective function.
Therefore I am pleased to have used your product and will happily recommend it to anyone else.
It has now been a 2 months since I had the dam scraped out to get rid of all the weed etc. As it filled I sprinkled in your product and for the first time in 17 years it is holding water.
I've been wanting to let you know your product worked great. I actually had two leaks. One near the surface in the south west corner and the one we spoke about in the north west corner. I have to admit that I had NOT followed your application directions precisely. I used far, far less (actually a trivial amount) and applied only as far as I could throw from the shore. I was meaning to go out in the kayak and apply according to your instructions when the weather warmed a bit. But by then, the leaks stopped. And hasn't leaked since.
Thank you for all your help, and a great product. One that I can recommend highly.