Dam Sealer – Plug or Seep?
Polymer Innovations has two dam & pond sealing products, Water$ave Plug & Water$ave Seep. Both are applied directly to the water surface by hand or small fertiliser spreader without needing to drain the dam. When applied correctly, there should be a noticeable reduction in water loss over the first few days, with the full effect of the treatment taking up to 14 days.
Plug it with Water$ave Plug or seal it with Water$ave Seep? You want to try one of our Water$ave Dam Sealers but don’t know where to start? A few factors will determine which product is best suited to you. These include water loss, leak location, extent of leak & the soil type. Find out below which product will work best for you.
Water$ave Plug is best used when:
- Water level drops by more than 150mm (6 inches) per week
- The leak is in the base of the dam
- If a flow of water is visible outside the dam wall
- The soil is coarse or rocky
Water$ave Seep is best used when:
- Water level drops by less than 150mm (6 inches) per week
- The leak is in the wall of the dam
- There are wet areas, but no flow of water outside the dam
- The soil is fine or sandy
Both products are available in 12kg & 18kg pails. Water$ave should be applied evenly at a minimum rate of 100gm per square metre with aggressive leaks potentially requiring more for the best results. Application can be targeted to the leaking area or apply to the whole dam.